We did a virtual tour of the NYUSH dorm rooms beforehand. Kimmy got a double dorm room and only has one roommate. The triple was the only other option for first-year students. She has never shared a thing in her life. So finding out she got a double was perfect. It's going to be an adjustment to share with one person.
Being made to share a room with two people in a triple would have been overstimulating.
Kimmy also likes to check out and recharge. Meaning she will close her door, lie in bed, and chill. It's a norm for kids who lock in like Kimmy. They need that downtime to recharge.
---
Before Kimmy left, we made sure she had family recipes and recipes she loved, all saved online so that she could access them anytime.
Kimmy told her roommate she would be making some things at some point. She found out that her roommate had never cooked a day in her life.
Kimmy asked her if she wanted her to make some things from home for the girl as well. Her roommate told her she doesn't have family recipes.
They go out to eat; Kimmy said it's the norm for people to eat out for every meal.
The only thing I think I saw, if I remember right, was a hot plate in their room. I'll have to go back and check. But I was informed that cooking is hardly done. Kimmy really won't have to cook if she doesn't want to. A meal plan was included in her tuition.
Some of her gluten-free meals at NYUSH




No comments:
Post a Comment