Thursday, August 27, 2026

He heard Her

​Kimmy called me this morning. Eight-ish A.M. our time, Eleven-ish P.M. her time. She wanted to talk. She downloaded over the phone, which was amazing because some days we’ve heard very little from her. 

While we were talking Galaxy heard her on the phone. I’m one of those people that always answers the phone on speaker. Galaxy slowly made his way over to me. Eventually, he started pushing his head and face against the phone, while looking all around for Kimmy. 





“Give me my Kimmy.” -Galaxy, probably

—-

Since Kimmy isn’t home. Around dinner time. I’ve been putting their wet food out then chilling on her bed while they eat then leisurely play around in the room. Sometimes they want scratches. Other time they just chill.

Both cats are so used to their Kimmy time, just chilling in her room and getting loves from her. 

I thought we were done tonight around seven. An hour and a half was enough time, right? 

I left her room, did a few things then turned around. Galaxy was in the doorway staring at me. He yell, then turned around. He made sure I was following him as led me back to kimmy’s bedroom. 

He wanted to do this… 

And this… 

He’s followed me around since leaving Kimmy’s room tonight. 

—-

He’s been sleeping on my feet at night which is new. 

I think I have been dubbed the substitute human. 🤷🏻‍♀️

No comments:

Post a Comment